Teamcricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TEAM SELECTION FOR BURTON OLD BOYS (A) 27/5

+2
shorty
Rolfy
6 posters

Go down

TEAM SELECTION FOR BURTON OLD BOYS (A) 27/5 Empty TEAM SELECTION FOR BURTON OLD BOYS (A) 27/5

Post  Rolfy Tue May 26, 2009 10:46 am

TEAM SELECTION FOR BURTON OLD BOYS (A) 27/5

STEVEN ROLF (C)
MARK THOMAS (VC/WK)
MIKE BOLTON
MIKE YORK
JOHN STABLES
NATHAN ARMSTRONG
PETER SHORT
TOM SELLARS
NEIL KITCHENER
DEL PATERSON
MATTHEW PELESZOK

12th MAN: HARLEY STANGER
Rolfy
Rolfy
Admin

Number of posts : 387
Team : Montagu Old Boys / Cavaliers
Town : Kettering
Registration date : 2008-04-15

https://teamcricket.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

TEAM SELECTION FOR BURTON OLD BOYS (A) 27/5 Empty Re: TEAM SELECTION FOR BURTON OLD BOYS (A) 27/5

Post  shorty Tue May 26, 2009 6:56 pm

piss poor weather tomorrow! Sad

gonna rain ALL day. Hope the covers are on at Burton! Laughing
shorty
shorty

Number of posts : 58
Team : ex flame, wannabe MOB, Syston Legend!
Town : Kettrin'
Registration date : 2008-07-09

http://www.designandpublish.co.uk

Back to top Go down

TEAM SELECTION FOR BURTON OLD BOYS (A) 27/5 Empty Re: TEAM SELECTION FOR BURTON OLD BOYS (A) 27/5

Post  Rolfy Tue May 26, 2009 10:48 pm

WE DONT WANT RAIN - WE WANT 4 POINTS!!!
Rolfy
Rolfy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shorty Wed May 27, 2009 4:22 pm

it's holding dry at the moment but there's serious cloud that could ruin the evening for us! Crying or Very sad
shorty
shorty

Back to top Go down

Post  Rolfy Wed May 27, 2009 5:13 pm

forecast says, the longer the day goes on, the better and dryer it will be.

In which case, it could be scorching by tonight!

or not !!!

Shocked
Rolfy
Rolfy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Milos Thu May 28, 2009 11:52 am

How did you get on last night then skip?

Milos

Number of posts : 3
Team : MOBS
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Rolfy Thu May 28, 2009 2:37 pm

WE LOST Sad

THEY HAD ONE DECENT BATSMAN, AND WE COULDNT GET HIM OUT.

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE EVENING:

SHREW HITTING 47
TOMMO BORING US ALL TO DEATH WITH HIS BATTING
DEL CATCHING A SKYER
DEL DROPPING A SKYER
TOMMO LETTING BYES THROUGH HIS LEGS
SHORTY BOWLING 4 TIGHT OVERS

OH, AND THE MOST IMPORTANT HIGHLIGHT OF THE EVENING...........UNITED LOSING!!!! Laughing
Rolfy
Rolfy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jc Thu May 28, 2009 5:28 pm

YOU LOST?
LOST TEH LAST TWO!!

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE SAY WE ARE TOP OF TEH LEAGUE!!! Very Happy
jc
jc

Number of posts : 184
Team : Npton Cavs, Kettering Flames, Old cc
Town : northampton

Back to top Go down

Post  shorty Thu May 28, 2009 6:56 pm

top by the fact you've has the same team cancel on you twice on Champions League night!

I know you can't do anything about it but it's hardly something to be shouting about! Suspect
shorty
shorty

Back to top Go down

Post  Rolfy Thu May 28, 2009 8:26 pm

jc wrote:YOU LOST?
LOST TEH LAST TWO!!

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE SAY WE ARE TOP OF TEH LEAGUE!!! Very Happy

YOU MIGHT NOT BE IF CERTAIN OTHER TEAMS COMPLAIN TO THE LEAGUE ABOUT UNIT !!!
Rolfy
Rolfy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buck Thu May 28, 2009 10:30 pm

Ahh the sound of bitterness rings gently through the air !

We had enough players plus me to play but they called it off - what can we do ? and why should we be punished by the fact that it just so happens that they cancelled twice.. we are the innocent, all be it, top of the table party here Laughing

They will recieve a £25 fine for both instances which is the league rules I believe.

My boys would have seen them off anyways up - BoB beat them so why shouldn't we ??

I thought you boys would have had enough last night to see the BoBs off ? Was there some slashing and a snicking going on ?

Theres a long way to go in this season yet fellas before anyone gets excited - and 2 more huge games between us - they will decide the league positions - not the fact that we had two walkovers that were out of our control.

Al the best for you chaps next week.

D.

Buck

Number of posts : 155
Team : The Mighty Flames, The Mighty Cavaliers oh and Old on occasions
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Rolfy Thu May 28, 2009 11:27 pm

Dont get me wrong fella, i'm not bitter, just feeling its pretty unjust the way they are screwing up the "fairness" of the league this year.

One week they call off, next week they put out a team of muppets, next week the put 11 saturday players, then they call off again.

If it were to be a two horse race to win the league this season, then they have just effectively handed you a 12 point head start!
Rolfy
Rolfy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buck Fri May 29, 2009 9:46 am

I'm sure I would have the same frustrations if the roles were reversed - but as I say what are we to do? We are also frustrated because we haven't played, and we suffered this last year where we felt that we faced a stronger side than others which affected our league position.

Again there is no reason to say that we wouldn't have won both those games - but this cannot be argued one way or the other.

I am not sure where we got a 12 point head start from as so far we have not played them twice, the fact that you faced a strong side is just one of those things for Wednesday Cricket- do you think that other teams will be complaining that you didn't have some of your stronger senior players in on Wednesday thus giving your opposition more opportunities to win ??

As for "team of muppets" to use your words - werent they beaten by the side that you lost to earlier this week? Did you have a team of muppets out there or did BoBs just play well and could that not be the case in the game that you are referring to ?

As it stands there a 4 points in it.

As I said before there are still 2 huge games between us to come - and tests for both of us to come in the remainder of the season. That will decide the final league positions not two games that we were denied the opportunity to play and win.

Buck

Number of posts : 155
Team : The Mighty Flames, The Mighty Cavaliers oh and Old on occasions
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Rolfy Fri May 29, 2009 10:22 am

Wow, this message board has had a complete change of content lately. Shocked

Its gone from schoolboy namecalling (ie: cocknose etc), to intellectual debate over the course of a couple of weeks. Embarassed

Either we have turned from alcopop drinking teenagers into mature real ale drinking adults, or its just a temporary blip.

Either way, Im not having a pop at you guys, and i am sure it must be frustrating for you not getting out onto the grass (so to speak).

I hope Unit do sort out thier problems, and manage to raise a "consistent" team each week,and the league could do without yet another team dropping by the wayside. At the current rate of teams dropping out each year, we could end up playing you folks 12 times a season! drunken
Rolfy
Rolfy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EL PRESIDENTO Fri May 29, 2009 3:51 pm

COCKNOSE COCKNOSE COCKNOSE COCKNOSE COCKNOSE! THERE EVERYBODY FEEL BETTER? Very Happy

EL PRESIDENTO

Number of posts : 68
Team : The Mighty Old Boys
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down