Teamcricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of the season

+3
chris
theshrews81
Big H
7 posters

Go down

End of the season Empty End of the season

Post  Big H Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:00 am

First i would like to thank all of the players for their support throughout the season. It is you who make the team such a success and envied for our team spirit. I was just lucky to have you all there and i count myself lucky to have captained you all this season. Also all of our supporters (well Mrs Jones) and of course Our wonderful tea lady Mrs Hayward Those bacon butties this year were the pinicle of your tea lady career. The cakes wernt bad either. To our Umpire Steve i know its not easy out there. I thank you for all your efforts throughout the season. I would also like to thank Andrew for providing us with the fixtures and I hope he continues to provide a great service next year. (This is getting to be close to a shrews speech) Lastly please say a thank you to Rolfie for providing us with the web site and all Statistics through out the year. Nearly forgot thanks Buck for your support as vice captain and for always bringing me down to earth when i needed it.

The season has for me flown by and as we look back over the season i am sure we all have our favorite game or moment. I have several, for me the highlight was winning the cup back from Finmere. It has been away too long. I could go on here, but we need something to talk about over the winter.

I would also like to anounce i will be standing down as Captain. I have enjoyed every game i have been in charge of and i hope that you have enjoyed playing in them. The last 2 years have been something i will remember for a long time. I have thought long and hard over this and feel if we are to continue making this team a success we need to get new ideas, fresh blood into the captain. I hope that whoever is the new captain will look to keep the spirit of this team growing as i have seen it grow over the last few years. I am sad to be stepping down, but i am sure that whoever takes over will bring a fresh and exciting outlook to the next season.

With the AGM set for the 19th of September I would like to ask you all for any Topics you would like to be discused at the AGM so we can set some sort of agender for the meeting. I you have anything you feel you would like to say, whatever it is this is the place to put your cards on the table. Its no used moaning during the season that you wish so and so was captain or so an so should be doing this not that. The AGM is the place for all problems and grievance to be aired. So please post your ideas on the site or email me.

One item i would like to suggest is to appoint Ross as chairman. And as we need to have one to take control of the AGM.

The one regret i have for this season is the loss to the team of someone who has been with the club for more years than i care to remember. Having been with the club for so long i wish he had given everyone one here the chance to put this to rest early. I wish he had been able to sort any problem he had out with everyone involved and that he was still playing this great game that he loved with such passion. I just wish we could have sorted this out. To me this is the only regret i have in my time as captain. If you do read this mate please remember this "I only have the one shot"

So please remember the AGM is Friday 19th September, Wootton Hall 8.00pm start. All players old and new are welcome.

Once again i thank you for letting me captain you, and look forward to a new season (if selected). lol!

Big H

Number of posts : 32
Team : Cavaliers
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

End of the season Empty Re: End of the season

Post  theshrews81 Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:33 am

Cheer big H,

Only played a few games for the Cavs but it was always fun and a pleasure.

The Shrews

theshrews81

Number of posts : 43
Team : Montagu Old Boys
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  chris Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:53 pm

cheers tony only had one game under you but you let me bowl and i really appreiated it as my usless captain does not no a great bowler when he see's one Laughing (just kidding dave) no seriously well done mate see you next year for the flames
chris
chris

Number of posts : 60
Team : kettering flames
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Buck Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:49 pm

At last ............ I can't believe you had the gaul to have TWO seasons !!

Well done fella - the spirit has improved further under your reign and even with, at times, a makeshift 11 ( I mean having to bowl Pigeon ... what sort of a state are we in I ask you ) we generally stayed competitive throughout and had a jolly nice time winning or losing.

I will remember this season fondly for my devastating pacey destruction of many a wicket, and look back warmly to my 4 ducks.

I have started collating the fine points that I have collected throughout the year and will be taking them not into account in any way shape or form when making my decision on who shall be the second proud owner of the Ollie award.

My justifications shall be made upon the night and regretfully one of you will get fired Ollied

Thirdly my fourth point is to raise a couple of points for the agenda:

1. Fixture selection and timing.

2. Voting on team matters - I would like to propose that Club matters are voted on by all within the club, and that team matters are voted on by only playing club members ? Not too contraversial I hope.

3. I would like to drink some beer

And finally there was a happy moment earlier today in the news when a cat called Peter was freed from a terrorist crack whore whole den where he was used as a tea bag substitute. 3 PG chimps lead the daring raid to free Peter where 5 terrorist crack whores suffered minor injuries from banana shrapnell and 1 was mortally wounded when the chimps let a piano fall down the stairs to hilarious consequence.

Goodnight

Buck

Number of posts : 155
Team : The Mighty Flames, The Mighty Cavaliers oh and Old on occasions
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  glovesy Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:59 am

well done tony .... im welling up!! lol

the last couple o' years were most pleasurable playing under you, as were the Ross years.... shame you cursed us with such shit weather!! Smile i hope the next skip can continue with what you chaps had! (apart from the weather!!)
im sorry you came to this decision but im sure you thought long and hard, and if you feel happy just to play again, then you have my support.. you know that anyway big man!!!

sooooooooo.....

who's next!!!

gunna be a tough vote!!

glovesy

Number of posts : 96
Team : flames and cavs
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Back to top Go down

End of the season Empty captainsy

Post  chris Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:21 am

i'd like to put forward one of the brave pg chimps as the new captain i'm sure he can follow in the footsteps of mr h and do a better job than any of you chimps that wish to put yourselfs forward Laughing Laughing Very Happy Razz
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Big H Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:43 am

Having been captain of usualy 10 chimps picking one chimp is going to be tough. I am sure you all have an idea which chimp is drinking PG and which ones on the Tetley.

Big H

Number of posts : 32
Team : Cavaliers
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Rolfy Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:09 am

One takes great offence at being labelled a "chimp".

I think of myself of a more sophisticated creature from the monkey family, maybe an orangutan (er spellcheck???)

But if I have to be called a chimp to get free tetleys on the ex-skipper on friday then so be it.

I must take this moment to reiniterate rule 27 version b, clause 44e from the Cavaliers handbook:

"Any captain standing down after exactly two seasons in the role, has to at the AGM supply and pay for all beer drinkage amongst his former troops."

Otherwise, rule 29 version f clause 22b comes into force:

"Any captain not abiding to rule 27 version b, clause 44e must spend the evening sitting in just his Y-fronts. As well as this, every 15 minutes he must declare that he has an abnormally small willy and likes to stick chillis up his japseye"

Other than that, its been a good couple of years fella, well done! Laughing
Rolfy
Rolfy
Admin

Number of posts : 387
Team : Montagu Old Boys / Cavaliers
Town : Kettering

https://teamcricket.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jc Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:18 am

iam back!
Right firstly would like to thank Tony for the last to seasons, Personally i have enjoyed myself scoring 96 at islip came under his leadership and beating buck in the runs stake!!
I believe Tony has given the Playing Members a good shake up and freshened it up, Will be good to see you guys again last being Pchley?

As iam going to Old Agm this evening (tuesday) i think its fair to say that iam standing (no one will want it, if soi you can) For fixture sec at Cavs it is also believed TBC that i will be organizing a few fixtures for Old CC aswell while working for cavs, i have had to turn down other postions tho to carry on being a chimp and play for Cavs still,

Thanks Tony, but you know how i feel iam sitting here and your the big story on SKy SPorts news
jc
jc

Number of posts : 184
Team : Npton Cavs, Kettering Flames, Old cc
Town : northampton

Back to top Go down

End of the season Empty JC

Post  chris Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:57 pm

" for the last to seasons" JC YOUR SUCH A MUPPET WRITING 'TO' TAKES LONGER THAN WRITING '2' SCOOLLIN WAS NT YR STRONG POINT LOL Laughing
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Rolfy Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:47 pm

and the award for "Illiterate Dick of the Year" goes to ......................... Shocked
Rolfy
Rolfy
Admin

Number of posts : 387
Team : Montagu Old Boys / Cavaliers
Town : Kettering

https://teamcricket.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jc Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:47 pm

old cc agm went well for people on here who have played for old, players wanted off all abilitys,
iam "friendly fixture" man for old so will be sorting out some mid week games and sunday games for old aswell as cavs ( if iam reallected) this i believe help us aswell as we will find more club contacts for us to use not only for cavs on a sunday but also for a few friendly games if required ona wedensday.

See you Friday

Stigo
jc
jc

Number of posts : 184
Team : Npton Cavs, Kettering Flames, Old cc
Town : northampton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content