Teamcricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great Oakley

3 posters

Go down

Great Oakley Empty Great Oakley

Post  Rolfy Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:20 pm

Next week big game against the league leaders.

We know they gave us a cricketing lesson 1st game of the season, but I genuinely believe we can bounce back and give them something to think about.

Firstly, our batting has settled down. With consistent runs coming from Suthers, Tommo and Swanny, and some good knocks (albeit slightly inconsistent - sorry folks gotta be honest) from Loaky, Dozza and Shrew. Not to mention some fantastic potential (again, not so far this season, but we know these guys can and will score runs) from TK, Ash and Milos, we can either post or chase ANY total.

Our bowling has been an area of concern this season, and it is without doubt we are missing the bowlers of the calibre of Mark Toseland. However, TK has not bowled one bad over this year, and really deserves more wickets than he actually has. Likewise, Yorkie and Milos have both bowled fantastically well, and Miles especially I believe will win us a game single-handedly before too long. The boy has sooooo much talent - its not fair.
Suthers has stepped up and bowled well for us, being honest I didnt rate him as a bowler, yet again I have been proved wrong -Cheers Lee.

Behind the stumps we are now blessed. Last year we had some clown who couldnt stop fuck all for a couple of games (oh yeah, that was me then!), this season, Loaky has done a fine job. Dozza stepped in one week and likewise staked his claim to the gloves, and more recently Ash has come in and made it look like he has been a Mob for many years. Not to mention Swanny is a more than capable keeper too. (shame the boy cant catch! Shocked )

In the field we have been either wonderful or shocking. We have held some amazing catches at times, and likewise let some real crap got past us (yes, I know Im the worst offender!!!), but generally we are getting it right. We have a chirp, we enjoy ourselves, we have some banter between ourselves ( we even let Tommo get loose thinking he might get a bowl!)

Two requests I have for the XI who play next week (if it ever stops f**king raining).

1) Lets go out, forget they whooped us, and play positive aggressive cricket. Like we did last year, if they hit 200, lets got and hit 201. Lets enjoy it, have a laugh, and see what happens.

2) Lets boycott thier bar. They fucked off at our place. As soon as they took the last wicket they cleared off to thier precious club. How about we go either the Spread Eagle or Harpers??

Team to be announced tomorrow (hopefully). There are a few tough decisions to be made regarding team selection as I have a pretty much full squad to pick from. Please support the selection, and if your not in, come along and support us.
Rolfy
Rolfy
Admin

Number of posts : 387
Team : Montagu Old Boys / Cavaliers
Town : Kettering
Registration date : 2008-04-15

https://teamcricket.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Great Oakley Empty Re: Great Oakley

Post  Buck Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:31 pm

I'm welling up ...

.... I love you guys . Sniff .. Now I need a hug...

Buck

Number of posts : 155
Team : The Mighty Flames, The Mighty Cavaliers oh and Old on occasions
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  jc Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:19 pm

"We have a chirp, we enjoy ourselves, we have some banter between ourselves ( we even let Tommo get loose thinking he might get a bowl!)"

Sounds like a chuckle, Dissapointed i missed that! Razz
jc
jc

Number of posts : 184
Team : Npton Cavs, Kettering Flames, Old cc
Town : northampton
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down