Judgement Day - the Aftermath

Go down

Judgement Day - the Aftermath

Post  Buck on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:13 pm

Well the two titans of Geddington League two met - and something had to give. DEEP VOICE MAN " And this time it wasn't personal"

Rolfy won the toss and decided to put in the Flames, a decision not liked by myself as I wanted to bowl first too.

A slow but steady start from the flames saw them not lose any wickets in the first 6 and have around 40 on the board - which would prove important later. Miles also was bowling well which had a lot to do with the slow scoring.

Flames lost wickets from the 7th over onwards eventually ending with 100 off their 14 overs - a target that was 10 short of what I would have liked ( obviously I would hae liked 400 ).

Both teams clearly felt that they had a level of control in the game. I knew that we didn't need more than 110 with the bowling that I had but it would be fair to say that it took some jeeing up in the field as a few of ours felt that the score was below par.

However with early wickets came the lift that we needed the opening pair of drew and Nick bowled superbly. But some important runs from Miles, Dozza, and yes Rolfy brought the game back into the grasp of the MoBs and I can say that it started to dawn on me that my Rolfy midweek jinx was coming back to bite my bum again...

A couple of run outs helped the cause and wickets for Phil and Ben in their spell saw us home with 20 odd in the bank.

Much kudos to Steve and the boys for the way they took the result and for Steve for entering the home dressing room and offering further congrats.

Well done to all last night. We came to the party in what was probably the biggest game in Flames history - to give us the chance of being Division two champions. One game to go against brigstock. A win will definately secure it if Unit won last night and win their two remaining games, if they dont then it will all be over anyway.

I shall be texting you shortly for player of the season awards etc. There will be 4 main awards - Players Player, Captains Player ( no votes required from you guys) clubman and muppet. I have decided to drop the most improved category because you are all legends Wink

Well done.. Speak soon about next weeks team selection.

D.

Buck

Number of posts : 155
Team : The Mighty Flames, The Mighty Cavaliers oh and Old on occasions
Registration date : 2008-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judgement Day - the Aftermath

Post  jc on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:54 pm

Top work flame boys, buck i believe this is my last year of my contract (even tho i didnt receive 50p 2 badgers and a squirrel!) my agent has advised me other teams are intrested but flames are on the up (literally) and iam willing to put pen to paper if terms can be met.
jc

Number of posts : 184
Team : Npton Cavs, Kettering Flames, Old cc
Town : northampton
Registration date : 2008-04-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down